Our Story

Since 1871

Originally part of the 2000-acre Carne Humana Spanish land grant, Wheeler Farms was established in 1871 by Charles H. Wheeler, a founding member of the St. Helena Viticultural Club. The property spanned both sides of Highway 29 between Zinfandel and Stice Lane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In 1894, Charles’ son and president of the California Board of Viticulture, J.H. Wheeler, expanded the farm with the purchase of 100 more acres. This purchase included the modern-day Wheeler Farms property, which was planted with grape vines, fruit, nut and citrus trees at the time. 

Eleven acres of J.H. Wheeler’s property located at 588 Zinfandel Lane remained in the Wheeler family until 2009.

Wheeler Farm in early 1900s.

Today

In 2014, a group of oenophiles led by Bart and Daphne Araujo purchased the property and committed to continuing the Wheeler Farms’ legacy, reconnecting the property with its agricultural and winemaking roots. 

Today, Wheeler Farms is a diversified expression of Napa Valley’s rich agricultural history. In addition to more than seven acres of Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc planted in 2016, the estate is home to a heritage fruit tree orchard, olive trees, edible gardens, chickens and bees. The state-of-the-art winery on property offers the Wheeler Farms’ winemaking team, as well as other quality-driven wine brands, the opportunity to produce wine using the most advanced technology available.

Wheeler Farms welcomes guests to the property by reservation for authentic Napa Valley wine and culinary experiences connecting the historical significance of the land with the finest of today’s harvest.

BartDaphne_EMma.jpg

Wheeler Farms
588 Zinfandel Lane
Saint Helena, CA 94574

(707) 200-8500
info@wheelerfarmswine.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

© 2020 Wheeler Farms.

join our mailing list